After overwhelming demand, HEXONET will start taking Expressions-of-Interest (EOI) for newTLDs (new Top-Level-Domains). HEXONET is using an EOI system instead of take standard pre-registrations since many newTLDs dates and rules are still undetermined.
Expression of Interest System Details:
- Launch Date: Monday September 10th, 2012 at 10:00 UTC
- EOIs are "First-come-first-served" so applying early is recommended.
- Geographic newTLDs Available: .Abudhabi, .Africa, .Amsterdam, .Barcelona, .Bayern, .Berlin, .Boston, .Brussels, .Budapest, .Capetown, .Cymru, .Dubai, .Gent, .Hamburg, .Helsinki, .Istanbul, .Joburg, .Kyoto, .London, .Madrid, .Melbourne, .Miami, .Moscow, .Nagoya, .Nrw, .Nyc, .Okinawa, .Osaka, .Paris, .Quebec, .Rio, .Roma, .Ruhr, .Scot, .Stockholm, .Sydney, .Taipei, .Tirol, .Tokyo, .Vegas, .Wales, .Wien, .Yokohama, .Zuerich
- Generic newTLDs Available: .Actor, .Android, .Apartments, .APP, .Arab, .Art, .Attorney, .Audio, .Auto, .Baby, .Bar, .Baseball, .Basketball, .Bet, .Blog, .Book, .Broadway, .Buy, .Cars, .Casa, .Casino, .Charity, .Chat, .Christmas, .City, .Cloud, .Club, .Corp, .Coupon, .CPA, .Data, .Deals, .Design, .Diet, .Discount, .Doctor, .Eco, .Family, .Fashion, .Film, .Flowers, .Food, .Football, .Free, .Game, .Gay, .GmbH, .Golf, .Gratis, .Green, .Health, .Help, .Hockey, .Home, .Hotel, .Inc, .Insurance, .Kids, .Latino, .Law, .Lawyer, .Life, .Live, .LLC, .LLP, .Love, .LTD, .Map, .Mail, .Med, .Media, .MLS, .Movie, .Music, .News, .NGO, .Now, .Online, .Play, .Poker, .Property, .Radio, .Realestate, .Rent, .Restaurant, .RIP, .Sale, .School, .Search, .Shop, .Site, .Ski, .Soccer, .Sport, .Store, .Style, .Taxi, .Tech, .Tennis, .Tickets, .Tube, .Video, .VIP, .Web
- Missing newTLDs: If you are interested in a newTLD not listed above, please email us at email@example.com and HEXONET will add these requested newTLDs in subsequent EOI releases. To review the full list of TLDs for which ICANN has received applications for, please visit "newTLD Applications"
EOI - Questions and Answers:
Q. What is an Expression-of-Interest (EOI)?
By submitting an EOI, HEXONET knows to immediately alert and inform you of all pertinent information about the respective newTLD as it becomes available.
Q. What does the Expression-of-Interest cost and is it binding?
EOIs are free of charge and are not binding. You can delete an EOI at any point in time.
Q. What happens after I place an EOI?
If and when the respective newTLD is approved by ICANN and the TLD is placed in the Internet's Root (required for a TLD's domains to resolve on the Internet), HEXONET will notify all EOI applications of this important event. Resellers and customers at this time can choose to convert an EOI into a standard Pre-Registration or to delete the EOI completely. Subsequent notices may include the following:
- General information about the respective newTLD
- Information on marketing and product (such as restrictions)
- Information on launch schedule (such as Sunrise Periods for Trademark and Brand owners, Landrush and/or Go Live)
- Pricing information for the various launch phases (e.g. for Sunrise, Landrush and GoLive)
Q. Can I edit or delete my EOI?
Yes, you can edit or delete your EOI at any point in time.
EOI - Documentation for Resellers:
On September 10th 2012, HEXONET will make the following two documents available:
- Expression-of-Interest/Domain Application Quickstart Guide 1.0
- Expression-of-Interest/Domain Application Reference Manual 1.0
Converting EOIs into Pre-Registrations for Resellers:
Once HEXONET obtains finalized detail about a particular newTLDs, all resellers will be notified about the newTLD. The notice will provide newTLD details as well as information on converting an EOI into a standard Pre-Registration.
- Converting your EOI into a Pre-Registration is not binding.
- Inline with Sunrise, Landrush, and GoLive releases, please remember that Pre-Registration deposits must be secured prior to submission to a registry
- There's no fee charged for incomplete or unsubmitted pre-registrations
Adding an EOI via API:
command = AddDomainApplication
class = EOI
domain = example.web
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT)
admincontact0 = (CONTACT)
techcontact0 = (CONTACT)
billingcontact0 = (CONTACT)
nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER)
nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER)
nameserver2 = (NAMESERVER)
EOI/Pre-registrations via Control Panel
EOIs/Pre-Registrations can be submitted through the Control Panel by logging into your account and navigating to "Manage Products > Pre-registrations". From within the Pre-reg Admin one can list existing or submit new EOIs/Pre-registrations. Users can modify or delete any EOI at anytime. Pre-registrations can be modified or deleted without charge up to 24 hours prior to the launch date.
Should you have any additional questions with respect to the EOI/Pre-Registration system, please do not hesitate to contact us.